Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A New Year Brings New Opportunities for Hannah and Noah


Greetings readers and followers in this fresh year of 2018!  With a new year comes new opportunities, and today I am excited to share with you that I have been accepted as an Assistant Team Leader with Teen Missions International!                                                                                                  I have been involved with Teen Missions International for many years now.  My mom went on a Teen Missions Trip to Kenya in 1991.  In 2014, our family went to Zambia, which fueled my interest to go on a Teen Missions trip to Australia in 2015.  There I helped build a wood frame chapel for a mission base on the Pacific coast.  In 2016, I returned to Teen Missions, this time traveling to Ecuador in South America.  Although I did not participate in a Teen Missions trip in 2017, my sister, Hannah, traveled to Nepal with Teen Missions International.                                                                                                                                   This is my last year of high school, and before I engage with the busyness of college life (hopefully at Cedarville University here in Ohio) I wanted to go on a Teen Missions trip again.  This time, I will not be going as a team member, but rather I shall move forward with my leadership skills and become an Assistant Team Leader! Although I will certainly participate in work and evangelism opportunities, my primary focus as a team leader will be the youth on the trip.  I will strive to provide them with the same wonderful experience that my sister, mom, myself, and countless others have experienced over the years. 



However, as many of you are familiar with from past years, these missionary trips require no small amount of funds.  To compound on that this year, both my sister and I desire to go on trips, which means we both need to raise funds simultaneously.  I have no fear of this though, since God has always provided me and my family through the years, and I have faith that He can send me and my sister overseas as well.  As a leader, I pay a slightly different trip cost than the team members, so I need to raise roughly $3,600.  If you wish to donate online, simply click this link: www.teenmissions.org/product/trip-sponsor/ . You will need to put my name and team number #18007 in the form.  Please note that you cannot donate to my sister and me at the same time, you will need to fill out the form for me and my sister individually, if you choose to do so.  If you would rather not donate online, please email me at noah.adelsberger@gmail.com and I would be happy to mail you a support packet.
 Keep reading to read my sister's post about her Teen Missions opportunities!
Thank you and may the Lord bless you all,
Noah Adelsberger
Note: Teen Missions has asked me to not share where I am going online.  Team leaders can change teams according to the needs of Teen Missions.  However, if you email me, or message me on Facebook, I would be happy to tell you where I am going.  


Greetings, friends!
I am happy to say that I've seen God move in marvelous ways this past summer. After we finished our training in Florida, my team and I went to Nepal. Once we arrived, we began work at the orphanage. We were beginning a new building that would house a kitchen and rooms for the kids. The first thing we did was bend rebar to be tall supporting beams for the walls. After that, we moved on to digging a monstrous footer 5' deep by 5' wide. The reason it had to be so big was because of the potential earthquakes in the area. We stood the beams in the footer and poured cement all around them. After that, we would have backfilled the footer, but our time was up and we returned home.                                                                                                                                                                            Now, I am quite eager to announce I feel called to go back with Teen Missions and serve. I've signed up to go to Mongolia. Mongolia's 3rd religion is Christianity, about 1.75% of the population. My team and I will be running a 2 week long Boot Camp, training kids in the capital to go out together and spread the good news with the Mongolian branch of Teen Missions. After that, we'll go to an orphanage and do necessary repairs and do whatever we can to help them out.
Of course, to do this I need to raise support, both prayer and money. I need approximately $5,000 to go. If you would like to help me in this ministry, I urge everyone to pray for the kids who will be going all over the world with Teen Missions this summer. If you would like to donate, please click on the link below and enter 'Hannah Adelsberger 18016' as well as the amount you would like to give.  Here's the link: https://www.teenmissions.org/product/trip-sponsor/.
Thank you so much for taking the time to learn about what I'll be doing this summer! 
       By Faith,
  Hannah Adelsberger

No comments:

Post a Comment