Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

UIM 206 Finished!

Finished!

Well a lot happened between the last post and this one.  I'm sorry I did not do a good job keeping the blog up over the course of this project.  I would encourage you to find me on Facebook for a more regular coverage.  But, I will also try harder to keep this up as well.

After nine moths of work we were able to return the UIM 206 back to them in a much better condition than it was given to us.  We replace the entire nose of the aircraft from the firewall forward actually including the firewall which was made here on site.  The belly of the aircraft was completely replaced with either donor parts from another aircraft or fabricated by us and the tail-cone was reskinned.  New windows we added at the end. UIM will complete the aircraft which will include a paint job.

UIM supports local churches and church planting missionaries int he very mountainous region of Mexico where the closest village could be a 20 hour walk away or a quick 15 min flight.

I am happy that I got the opportunity to serve MMS, the trainees that I was supervising and UIM.  God is going to use this plane to deliver light into the darkness.

Thank you for your prayers and support.  Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment