Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

"For want of a nail"

For Want of a Nail

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.For want of a shoe the horse was lost.For want of a horse the rider was lost.For want of a rider the message was lost.For want of a message the battle was lost.For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

I'm sure that each and everyone of you can relate to the poem above.  I've had one of those weeks, on Monday it was a nail and today it is the message. I think we will still win the battle but at what unnecessary cost.  I ask myself "what happened"?  It started with forgetting a single pencil line.  That single line is small, nearly insignificant until you need it and the moment you need it and it is not there you are done.   

I'm tired and emotionally spent, I don't like to fail and I like it less when the failure is my fault.  I often try to relate my failures into learning opportunities.  But when the compound, multiply and stack on top of each other it is just frustrating and it is hard to be teachable when you are frustrated.

A weekend of rest at home will bring a new week of "learning opportunities"
Please pray for Kristi and her family, her mom is back in the hospital.  It seems she should be fine with some meds and observation but it is always stressful for everyone.
On a side note i'm sorry there are no pictures, my camera broke recently and I haven't replaced it yet.
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment