Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Last week

Last week I worked on several different projects as we are trying to tie up some loose ends here in the hangar before we start another big project. I worked with Ben Fisher, one of MMS's newest apprentices. We installed two new antennas on top of Gospel Carrier Internationals King Air 200. Anytime you are working overhead you undoubtedly end up in a position like this. Ben is looking for a dropped screw. We ended up taking the center console loose and vacuuming the area. Not only did we find our missing screws but several other small pieces of this and that.
Noah has been working on his family life merit badge at home. We are having family meetings to discuss faith, drugs, money and other such topics. He had to also complete a project for the good of the family. I decided to let him put the upstairs bathroom back into service, It had mostly been a storage closet. So he is painting, caulking and cleaning.
It was harder than I thought it would be to see my tractor leave on the back of someone else's trailer, but it was necessary. I did not have the time or money to fix it or a suitable place to store it and it was just rotting in the field. So I let it go.
We are getting ready for the syrup season to start. The stove is ready as is my tank and filter/pump. I still need to finish my trailer and a bridge. I am hoping to maybe start tapping this weekend if the 10 day says that the weather will work with us. This year has been crazy for the weather. I don't even know if we'll get any syrup this year. I think the trees need to be frozen for it to work? Check back in a week or two to see how were doing. Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment