Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Landing gear box installed

Here are a few pictures that I took in the shop this morning. I've been working on replacing the landing gear box. Pictured below the new parts are light green. The landing gear box is one of the common repairs that we make to a major project. After years of neglect and abuse the castings can be cracked and need to be replaced. The gear box is de-riveted and removed from the airplane, cleaned and checked with dye penantrant. New parts are installed and reassembled on the bench and reinstalled in the aircraft. On this airplane the right casting was cracked.



In the following pictures you can see what I have ahead of me. I've been assigned to get the fuselage ready for paint. Floors and seat tracks need installed, windows, skins, seat belt harnesses, radio and anteanas etc, etc, etc all need installed. I look forward to showing the progress of this project over the coming months.



I would also suggest that you visit MMS's blog to get a more complete look at what goes on here on a weekly basis. If you are ever in the area we would welcome the visit.



God Bless, Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment