Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dec 09 Newsletter

Dear Friends & Family,
As the end of this year approaches and a new one is about to begin I find myself thinking about all the things that God has done this year. As I do not have time or space to write about every event we’ll just run down some of the highlights.

The first thing that I want to thank God for is his continual provision for our daily needs. We are blessed with a beautiful home that suits us perfectly with land on which we raised around 75 chickens for eggs and meat, a large garden, room for our bees and harvesting a few gallons of maple syrup. God has also blessed us with good health and, until recently, a lack of any kind of severe injury or accident (Luke got a concussion over Thanksgiving).

I would have to say that next on the list would be the opportunity to take a staff position at MMS. MMS’s role in the missions community is with out a doubt necessary. I do not know of any other training facility in the world that has as its final goal “on field mechanics and on field planes”. In my almost five years here, MMS has been involved in missions fields as far and wide as, Canada, United States, Honduras, Madagascar, Zambia, Kenya, Chad, Papua, Brazil, Caribbean, South Africa and certain “undisclosed” countries. MMS has also put 11 mechanics on the field in that same amount of time. MMS will continue to do its part in advancing the Gospel until the work is done or God calls us home. I am proud to work for MMS and I am thankful for the opportunity to serve here.

This year God has also given me the opportunity to visit three different counties. I had a long layover in England giving me time to do some touristy things there on my way to Zambia. Zambia afforded me the opportunity to serve the local mission community by working on CMML’s 182 and to make new friends and to worship with the local church. Lastly we were able to visit Canada while delivering an engine for shipment to Zambia for CMML’s Cessna’207.

Finishing that engine brings me to another one of the blessings that I am thankful for and that is for the opportunity to serve various mission communities. I’ve had the opportunity to serve with Missionary Aviation Fellowship (MAF), Moody Aviation, Christian Missions in Many Lands (CMML), Asas de Socorro and Gospel Carrier International (GCI).

Again this is only a short list and each of these events could be peeled like an onion, revealing layer after layer of God’s love, blessing and provision. And since I have a little space I will also include: God’s replacement of our family car with a van, another successful year of home schooling, God’s protection as Kristi drives back and forth to Michigan every month, new families and projects arriving at MMS, and a church that feels like family.

As our family looks into 2010 we do not see any obstacles ahead -- only opportunities for God to move mightily. We will be taking a short furlough out of the hangar in 2010 to renew old relationships and start new ones. We also are praying that God will provide a way into homeownership. Kristi and I will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and our 5th year in missions. We also look forward to the maple syrup season, harvesting our first bit of honey and possibly expanding our farm with the addition of a cow.

In this season of thanksgiving we are very thankful to those of you who give and pray to make all of this a reality. It is my hope and prayer that you find partnering with us a means of answering the call of the Great Commission.

God bless you, thank you and we hope to see you soon,

The Adelsberger Family

No comments:

Post a Comment